Applicable Sections of Nebraska Constitution and Statutes.
Art. V, Sect. 21, Constitution of the State of Nebraska
Merit plan for selection of judges; terms of office; filing of vacancies; procedure; voting for nominee.
The following statutes are found via the Unicameral's statute search function. Click here to go to the main statute search page and type in the statute number you wish to view. Further search instructions are available on the unicameral's web site.
- 24-202 Judges eligibility.
- 24-301 District judge; eligibility.
- 24-505.01 Couny judge: eligibility.
- 24-516 Judge; vacancy, disqualification, absence, or temporary incapacity; Chief Justice; temporary appointment; appointment of district judge to act; when; effect.
- 24-801 Judicial nominating commissions; subject to sections
- 24-801.01 Judicial nominating commission; members; oath.
- 24-802 Judicial nominating commission; residence requirements
- 24-803 Judicial nominating commission; members; term; appointments by Governor; elections by lawyers
- 24-804 Judicial nominating commissions; judges of Supreme Court; service as members.
- 24-805 Judicial nominating commissions; members serve on no more than one commission; exceptions.
- 24-806 Judicial nominating commission; lawyer members; qualifications; nominations; election.
- 24-807 Judicial nominating commission; lawyer members; certificate of selection.
- 24-808 Judicial nominating commissions; vacancies; filled, how.
- 24-809 Judicial nominating commission; chairperson; manner of voting; vacancies; procedure.
- 24-810 Judicial vacancy; judicial nominating commission; meeting; notice; hearing; application; investigations; submission of names.
- 24-810.01 Judicial nominating commission; registration as independent voters; removal from district; change in party registration; effect.
- 24-811 Judicial nominating commissions; unlawful to attempt to influence; violations; penalty.
- 24-811.01 Judicial nominating commission; nominations; number nominated; considerations.
- 24-811.02 Judicial nominating commission; send report to State Court Administrator; contents.
- 24-812 Judicial nominating commissions; members; communications; confidential.
- 24-812.01 Judicial nominations; Supreme Court; promulgate rules.
- 24-819 Judges; full term; commencement.
- 24-1102 Judge; eligibility.
- 43-2,116 Judge; term of offfice
- 43-2,117 Judicial nominating commission; selection; provisions applicable.
- 43-2,118 Judge; qualifications.
This file last modified Thursday November 17, 2011 09:18:30